An irresistible dessert for lovers of cocoa and extreme sweet
Patented by French chef Michel Bras in 1981, the chocolate coulant is one of the most famous desserts in the world. So much so, that there are many ways to name it depending on where we are: chocolate volcano, sofiatto (Italy), chocolate bomb or chocolate soufflé.
The original recipe consists of two layers: an interior, made with coffee, and an outer layer of chocolate sponge cake. After baking a few minutes and cutting it in half, the chocolate filling appears liquid, flowing … as its name expresses, since coulant means ‘flows’ in French.
There are numerous alternatives to this elaboration. From fillings of dulce de leche, white chocolate, cream of hazelnuts or peanut butter, which is the sweet suggestion that we propose to you this time. Irresistible for cocoa lovers.
Ingredients for 10 servings
For the coulant
- 125 g of dark chocolate
- 125 g of butter
- 125 g of eggs
- 100 g of yolks
- 50 g of sugar
- 60 g of flour
- 10 aluminum molds
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Mint leaves
Elaboration step by step
- Chop the chocolate and melt it in a bain-marie. Remove the butter from the fridge so that it is soft.
- With the help of a kitchen robot, add the melted chocolate, butter and sugar. Beat slowly.
- Add eggs and yolks little by little. Finally, incorporate the flour. Raise the speed until the dough is well assembled.
- Spread butter and flour on the molds. Fill with the dough halfway, place a spoonful of peanut butter in the center and finish filling up to one centimeter of the edge.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees and bake for 7 minutes. Turn the mold over the presentation plate, sprinkle icing sugar and decorate with mint.
‘Harmonies in Flavors and Fragrances’. By Juan Muñoz Ramos.
Maintain flavors with elegance and intensity, savor the sensations with pleasure and a point of sapidity… This is the action that exerts a fine bubble water like S.Pellegrino before a chocolate with nuts. But if we join the volcanic sweet of Syracuse with this 2013 Moscato di Noto, the trilogy is hard to beat.
Trilogy of fragrances where the struggle for dominance ends in the union of the flavors that produce pleasure and passion; the pleasure of the senses and the passion exerted by the three main flavors: sweet-acid-bitter.
- You can melt the chocolate in the microwave. Remember to use the average power and stir every 30 seconds to prevent the chocolate from burning.