Addicted to chocolate? This is your recipe.
If there is a product that is impossible to say no to, that is chocolate, whether black, milk or white. This sweet is composed of sugar, milk powder, in some cases, lard and cocoa paste, a product classified as superfood because of its beneficial antioxidants and its great contribution of energy.
In one of his trips to conquer the Americas, Christopher Columbus received some cocoa berries from the locals without knowing exactly what their use was. Later, they made a somewhat bitter drink with these berries, corn and vanilla that woke up the troops after such a long expedition.
In Europe, the Swiss are the largest consumers of chocolate, with an average of about nine kilograms, followed by Germans and British.
Sweeten your day with a piece of chocolate cake filled with a creamy truffle of chocolate and hazelnut cream. You will not be able to resist this sweet sin!
How to make a Chocolate Cake
For the cakes (2 molds of 28 centimeters in diameter)
- 8 eggs (500 g)
- 500 g of sugar
- 500 g of sunflower oil
- 400 g of flour
- 100 g of cocoa
- 20 g of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
For the filling
- 360 g of dark chocolate
- 240 g of butter
- 440 g of chocolate cream and hazelnuts
Step by step directions
- With the help of an electric mixer, assemble the eggs together with the sugar until it triples its volume. Spread butter and flour on the two molds.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder and add it little by little to the previous mixture at medium speed.
- Raise the speed of the blender and add thread by thread, the sunflower oil along with the vanilla essence.
- Divide the dough into the two previously greased and floured molds. Bake at 170 degrees (celsius) for 1 hour or until, puncturing in the center, the knife comes out clean. Let it cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the chocolate, hazelnut cream and the softened butter with the blender. Add the previously melted dark chocolate and beat until the cream is homogeneous.
- Cut the cakes into three layers. Place a layer on a tray and on top of this the chocolate filling until the rest of the layers are completed. Finish by covering the sides and top with the final layer. Decorate with strawberries and cocoa powder.
‘Harmonies in Flavors and Fragrances’. By Juan Muñoz Ramos.
They say that chocolate and Oporto are inseparable friends or vice versa, what’s more important is the conjunction of products that we put on the table.
Well, before a chocolate and hazelnut cake with fluffy flavors and truffled with 100% pure dark chocolate, we can never miss two great products.
On the one hand, a Great Port of the Ruby or Retinto family, in this case a LBV of Niepoort: perfect combination of red fruit with forest fragrances on a bed of acidity in the background that mixes with natural sugars and creates a perfect balance, that there is only one water able to maintain and even increase, thanks to its fine bubble, balanced Ph and controlled sapidity, as it is S.Pellegrino. So why to look for more if we have perfection.
You can prepare the cakes the day before and reserve them in the fridge to make them easier to cut.