A healthy recipe imported from the East
The wok technique is widely used in Chinese cuisine. When talking about wok cooking, we are referring both to the form of preparation and the pan that is used in the cooking process.
Jumping right into the recipe, take into account that you can use countless ingredients, from pasta, rice, fish, seafood, or meat to the healthiest version prepared with vegetables. Also, be sure to include sauces like teriyaki, satay, hoisin, sriracha, or oyster.
A wok is a round pan, bulging at the bottom and medium in size. It is always better to use it with a gas fire so that it is evenly heated on all sides and its temperature does not drop when the ingredients are added.
The wok cooking method is very healthy since very little oil is used. In addition, given that they cook so quickly, the vegetables maintain their vitamins and nutrients.
It’s time to cook! Turn on the stove and start chopping ingredients.
Ingredients for two servings
- 300 g fresh prawns
- 150 g onion
- 150 g carrot
- 150 g zucchini
- 4 thick green asparagus
- 2-3 g cayenne flakes
- 50 ml soy sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- 100 g egg noodles
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat plenty of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook the egg noodles following the instructions on the package. Drain and divide into two bowls.
- Peel the onion and carrot and cut both into thin strips. Wash the zucchini and cut into slices and then into 1/2 centimeter strips.
- Wash the asparagus, remove the end of the stem and cut into 1 centimeter slices. Peel the prawns.
- Heat a little oil in a wok over high heat. Add the onion and carrot and sauté for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and asparagus and sauté for another minute.
- Finally, add the flaked cayenne and the prawns and sauté until lightly browned. Pour the soy sauce, stir, and distribute between the two bowls.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
‘Harmonies in Flavors and Fragrances’ by Juan Muñoz Ramos.
Sauces, stir fried vegetables and prawns that bring a taste of the sea to this variety of flavors, which traveled from the East for us to enjoy. We are talking about fragrances and textures that, although they are nothing new, never cease to amaze us, as they create an easy, tasty and, above all, healthy dish. Especially considering that, more and more, we have to seek balance and health in our diets.
Balance, flavor, texture, and health are all parameters that we must also pay attention to in beverages and side dishes, in this case being pure, fresh water with a mild and very tasty mineralization, characteristics provided by its fine and lively bubbles.
We are talking about S.Pellegrino and, next to it, a novelty for this spring: a perfectly prepared Rueda wine with aromas and flavors that invite you to enjoy it both as an aperitivo and to accompany this unique dish that has a touch of soy. We are talking about Fenomenal Sauvignon Blanc white wine, in its typical packaging from this unique company, Uvas Felices.
S.Pellegrino and Fenomenal, an ideal pair to enjoy with a delicious homemade meal.
- Prawns can be substituted for other shellfish or even for some firm, meaty fish, such as monkfish or sea bass.
- We can add a handful of chopped fresh parsley or coriander at the last moment to provide an extra touch of flavor. Cayenne can be very spicy, so you can leave this out or substitute a piece of grated fresh ginger.
- To prevent the noodles from sticking, add a little oil before plating them.
Don’t miss this Marinated Salmon, here you can find the step by step recipe!